Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Saturday 5 December 2015

So success. I found some curtains! Only one pair - one room sorted but thank the lord for small mercies. They were only ten pounds from the charity shop and whilst they may not be my first choice were I comfortable enough to choose - I'm not and they are clean and inoffensive. Result. I have also spent a large chunk of the day panicking about what to get the boys for Christmas and I think I have sorted that too. I bought these ... 

 

For a total of £15 and I'm going to make the boys a film night box and fill it with a blanket, popcorn, drinks, hot chocolate, marshmallows, sweets glow sticks a couple of cheap dvds. I have to get some paint to paint the crate before I put the stickers on. All in all I reckon I can get it all in for £40 for the two of them (the crates come in threes so I can do one each and keep one for the spuds) Im sure I have some ceramic pens somewhere and if I can dig them out I can decorate them a personalised mug each too. Then that just leaves Santa gifts but I might leave them to the other half as my creativity and funds are totally drained. 
I feel so energised by my minor successes - I might just pull this off!!
No one else will get presents. I don't have to worry about my extended family - they do some draw thing and know we aren't in it so I won't feel guilty. I'll have to do pound shop bundles for my niece and nephews and just a selection box for my friends children. No prezzies for the other half or other adults - just too poor. 

I so love Christmas it really does fill my heart with sadness that I can't do it properly. Next year will be better. And if the box comes off like this one I'll be chuffed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment