Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Monday 7 December 2015

Pound shop wins

Another day over - another day closer to Christmas! Got a heap of presents from the pound store yesterday for my boys. Little wrestling figures, toy guns, bubbles, popcorn, popcorn bowls, sweets, glow-sticks, books and I'm sure theres some things I have forgotten. It doesn't look that much on its own but I'm sure once it is the crate it will look amazing. All that for just £12 - don't suppose they will notice the difference too much. Would like to spend a few more pounds getting another couple of wrestlers for the older one. He doesn't watch it but seems to be quite into it with his friends and even though these cheap figures are nothing like the sturdy WWE ones from toy shops - they will do him just fine. 
I also have their night lights - winning! 
Work got more stressful today - trip tomorrow - off into London, trip the day after - that one doesn't get back until midnight! Hate being out of class for a few days on the trot like that. Makes me and the kids unsettled, still can't be helped I suppose. Besides, whats Christmas without a little mayhem! 
Hubby got the bunk beds up while I was at work today - so exciting!Here's my little angels fast asleep in them now...
Their room is starting to come together a little now - just everywhere else to do with no time to do it! 
Must book moving day from work - at some point!!! 
I feel like I could shut my eyes and sleep for an eternity. Not good news when we have trekking to do in London town with children tomorrow! To bed!

2 comments:

  1. All that for only £12! I should really visit the pound shop more to be honest. You've done some ace budgeting there.

    The bunk beds are cute! I hope things look up for you soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks The Conflicting Orange - already panicking about how well received the gifts will be but the reality is we can't afford more and will have to make do - now just to tackle the better gifts from Santa issue??

    ReplyDelete