Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Sunday 6 December 2015

Day of doing



The boys are back tonight and I am now in a frantic rush of cleansing and organising because I know as soon as they return the daily routine of cleansing both children, their possessions and the whirlwind of mess that surrounds them wherever they go will consume my every minute that isn't spent working. Any hope of 'getting sorted' will be restricted to the wee small hours post dinner bath and bed time, after marking planning and admin where some semblance of a life used to be. Today therefore is THE DAY. 
I have so far got up, spent a couple of hours procrastinating, made myself the obligatory coffee (complete with 79p squirty cream from Aldi - a christmas tradition and cheaper then a trip to Costa but creating the same desired effect). So now the rubber gloves are out - the bleach is on standby and the hoover is plugged in. I have to collect a screwdriver for putting beds together in a furniture assembly nightmare of epic magnitude - a double bed and a bunk bed. Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment