Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Saturday 12 December 2015

Heartbeat from homelessness

I woke up this morning and my first thought turned to the weekly shop. This used to be something that, despite being a chore, actually filled me with excitement. I would pile the trolley high with meals for the week and little treats for everyone. It would be rare for me to return without an item of clothing for someone in the family and my first job upon returning was to 'clear the fridge' of all uneaten items from the week before. The waste was disgusting and always something I aimed to sort out at some point.
Now I am in the situation where a slight overspend on food will render us homeless. Our budget has no wiggle room whatsoever and it fills me with dread. I hate the prospect of doing the shop and know it must start with making a list. Anyone with any budget but healthy food ideas - let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment